As soon as summer comes, there is a flood of soft drinks like sugarcane juice, lassi, lemonade and other fruit juices etc. One name is added to these, that is Mango Shake, which is heavy on all of them. Because its sweetness and juicy taste attract the mind. Along with this, the ice cream added to it enhance its taste, and on top of that dry fruits make you more happy. Overall a treasure of taste and health. But till when, until there is no sugar in Mango Shake. When sugar is added, understand that everything else has gone away, that is, the nutrients are over, only the taste remains. If you really want to take advantage of it, then drink mango shake without sugar and drink it in limit, then you will get the right benefits of drinking mango shake. So, today we will give you detailed information about Mango Shake through this article and will also tell you what are the benefits of drinking Mango Shake.
What is Mango?
Mango is a juicy fruit whose scientific name is Mangifera Indica and in English it is called Mango, which is famous all over the world because of its juicy taste. The history of mango is thousands of years old. People came to know about mango and its cultivation several thousand years ago in the Indian subcontinent. Today mango is cultivated in many countries of the world.
Mango tree is about 35 to 40 meters high and the girth is usually 10 meters. Mango leaves are 15 to 35 cm long and 6 to 16 cm wide, they are evergreen. Mangoes are available in many colors like green, red, yellow and in many sizes.
There are more than 400 varieties of mangoes all over the world, of which the most popular varieties are Alphonso, Himsagar, Banganpalli, Dussehri, Badami, Kesar, Totapari, Chonsa, Langda, Mankurd and Musrad, Malda, Jardalu and Neelam.
India, Pakistan and Philippines have declared mango as their national fruit and Bangladesh has considered its tree as its national tree. In India, mango leaves and wood are considered sacred, they are used in religious rituals, marriage ceremonies and for yagya, havan etc.
Production of Mangoes.
1. India is the largest producer of mangoes in the world, which exports mangoes to more than 50 countries. After this, the number of China comes at the second place.
2. Mango is cultivated in countries like China, Thailand, Mexico, Indonesia, Pakistan, Brazil, Egypt, Bangladesh and West Indies etc.
3. The highest production of mangoes in India is in Uttar Pradesh. Apart from Uttar Pradesh, mangoes are also produced in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana, Bihar, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, West Bengal and Odisha.
Use of Mangoes.
Mango is not only useful for eating as a fruit, but it is also used in the following forms –
1. Raw mango used as vegetable.
2. Raw mango chutney.
3. Mango pickle. Pickled mangoes are different, this mango does not ripen. Ramkela mango is the first choice in this. The specialty of Ramkela mango tree is that its fruit never ripens and remains very sour. Ramkela mango trees are found only in Amroha district of Uttar Pradesh, which are only two dozen.
4. Mango jam.
5. Mango papad is made.
6. Aampanna drink is made from mango.
7. Mango shake.
What is Mango Shake?
Mango shake is a soft drink made by peeling ripe mangoes and cutting them into small pieces. Safeda mango is generally used to make this. By the way, the use of Alphonso mango is considered best for this. In addition to mango, the use of milk is essential, sugar and ice cream are optional. However, juices in the market definitely have sugar.
Apart from this, ice, artificial color, syrup and ice cream are also added. Dry-fruits and cherries are used for topping. Mango shake without sugar and without ice is considered an ideal healthy drink in summers because of its natural sweetness which does not harm.
Nutrients of Mango Shake (Quantity 1 glass).
- Calories 171 kcal. (Without sugar)
- 240 kcal including sugar.
- Carbohydrates 16.5 g. (Without sugar)
- including sugar. 35 grams
- Protein 7 grams (Without sugar)
- including sugar. 8.2 grams
- Fat 8.6 grams. (Without sugar)
- including sugar. 7.8 grams
Right Time to Drink Mango Shake.
Morning breakfast is the right time to drink Mango Shake. You can also drink it in the evening. But avoid drinking it after heavy meal like lunch or dinner.
How Much Mango Shake Should I Drink?
One or two glasses of mango shake can be drunk in a day. More than that will definitely upset your stomach.
Amazing Health Benefits of Drinking Mango Shake.
If you want to get full benefits of Mango Shake, then drink Mango Shake without sugar because the nutrients of Mango Shake remain zero after adding sugar. Mango shake with sugar will only serve to increase the weight and sweetness.
Mango is already very sweet and milk is also added to it. Mango and milk both have natural sweetness, so there is no need to add extra sugar to Mango Shake. Now, some of the benefits of drinking Mango Shake are as follows;
1. Give Instant Energy.
If you are coming or going from somewhere in summer, you are feeling tired and weak, then drink a glass of mango shake. The natural properties and sweetness of mango and milk will give instant energy, but after drinking mango shake, you will feel energy in the body because the glucose level in the body starts increasing after drinking it. Mango shake with sugar will help in giving energy even more quickly. Dry fruits falling in it also provide energy.(1)
2. Increase Weight.
Mango shake is a boon for those who are lean and want to increase their weight. To gain weight, it is advised to drink mango shake with sugar. Because adding sugar to Mango Shake increases the amount of calories, carbohydrates and protein.
Sugar increases the glucose level. To gain weight, consume mango shake with breakfast or drink it in the evening. Do not drink it excessively in order to gain weight quickly, otherwise stomach upset may occur.
3. Keep the Digestive System Healthy.
Mango shake is very beneficial for the stomach, if it is consumed in limited quantity, otherwise it will also spoil the stomach. This is the best option for people whose digestion is not good and there is a complaint of constipation.
4. Cool the Stomach.
Many times there is a problem of acidity, gas in the stomach, or there is a burning sensation in the stomach after eating food containing pungent chili spices.
In this case drink a glass of mango shake. The burning sensation in your stomach will stop immediately, the problem of acidity and gas will also go away. Although the effect of mango is hot, but drinking mango shake will cool down the stomach.
5. Cure Anaemia.
Lack of blood in the body is called anaemia, which happens to most of the women. This problem is caused due to iron deficiency in the body. Mangoes are rich in Vitamin-C and iron, which help in the formation of red blood cells by meeting iron deficiency in the body. This completes the lack of blood and ends the problem of anemia.
6. Good for Eyes.
Vitamin-A is considered an important vitamin for eye health. Abundant amount of Vitamin-A is found in mango which helps in maintaining vision. Along with aging, it also starts to weaken and there is a possibility of cataract or other diseases.(3)
Vitamin-A present in Mango Shake protects the eyesight from weakening and helps in preventing eye diseases. Consuming a glass of mango shake or a mango daily will definitely effective for your eyes.
7. Strengthen the Immune System.
The stronger the immunity in our body, the more we will stay away from diseases caused by infection. Even during the time of Covid-19, the focus was on strengthening immunity and vaccines were also introduced with the aim of strengthening immunity.(4)
Mango shake has a high amount of Vitamin-C which helps as a powerful antioxidant and plays a positive role in boosting the immune system. Apart from this, Mango Shake contains nutrients like protein, potassium, magnesium and fiber in addition to Vitamin-A, B which help in strengthening the immune system.
8. Beneficial for Skin.
Mangoes are rich in beta-carotene, which is a one of the form of vitamin A. It is a photoprotective agent that protects the skin from the harmful ultra violet rays of the sun. Vitamin-A helps in reducing the early signs of wrinkles.
Mango also has anti-acne properties, drinking a glass of mango shake daily can remove the possibility of pimples. Vitamin-E present in mango works to enhance the skin.(5)
Side Effects of Drinking Mango Shake.
According to experts, there is no harm in drinking a glass of Mango Shake for a day or two or occasionally, but consuming it daily can cause the following side effects;
1. Combination of any fruit with milk is not considered good. It is good to drink milk after eating mango, it helps in digestion, but mixing milk with mango means making mango shake and drinking it daily is not good. There can be complaints of heaviness and stomach upset.
2. Drinking excess of Mango Shake can cause stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhea.
3. Diabetic patients can have a very small quantity of about half a glass of sugar-free mango shake. Mango shake with sugar will increase the excessive amount of glucose due to which the patient may feel uncomfortable.
Drinking mango shake can provide numerous health benefits. Mango is a rich source of essential nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These nutrients can help boost the immune system, improve digestive health, lower cholesterol levels, and prevent certain chronic diseases. Additionally, drinking mango shake can also aid in weight loss and provide a natural energy boost. However, it is important to consume mango shake in moderation, as it can also be high in sugar and calories. Overall, incorporating mango shake into a balanced diet can be a delicious and nutritious way to promote overall health and wellbeing.
Verywelfit has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, educational research institutes, and medical organizations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date by reading our editorial policy.
- Mango Consumption Is Associated with Improved Nutrient Intakes, Diet Quality, and Weight-Related Health Outcomes; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8746860/
- Mango (Mangifera indica L.) Polyphenols: Anti-Inflammatory Intestinal Microbial Health Benefits, and Associated Mechanisms of Actions; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8124428/
- Dietary and plasma carotenoids are positively associated with alpha diversity in the fecal microbiota of pregnant women; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33449409/
- A Review of Micronutrients and the Immune System-Working in Harmony to Reduce the Risk of Infection; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31963293/
- Vitamin C and Immune Function; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29099763/