Are you looking for a way to reduce belly and thigh fat? Then yoga to lose belly and thigh fat is the perfect exercise for you! With the right combination of postures, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques, yoga can help you tone and slim down your body. In this article, we’ll be exploring 8 yoga poses that are specifically designed to help you shed belly and thigh fat. So read on to find out how yoga can help you get the body you want.
Importance to Lose Belly and Thigh Fat.
Belly and thigh fat can be difficult to get rid of, leading many people to feel frustrated or embarrassed. However, yoga is an excellent way to reduce excess fat in these areas and achieve a healthier, more toned body.
Yoga exercises stimulate the organs of the body, increase circulation, improve posture, and promote mental well-being. They also help to boost your metabolism and burn calories, which can lead to weight loss in your belly and thighs. Yoga can help you become stronger, leaner, and fitter overall.(1)
By combining regular yoga practice with healthy eating habits, you can begin to see significant changes in your body shape and size. Incorporating the following yoga poses into your daily routine will help you achieve the results you desire.
8 Yoga Poses to Help You Lose Belly and Thigh Fat.
1. Camel Pose.
Camel Pose is a great yoga pose to help you lose belly and thigh fat. It stretches the entire front of your body, including your abdomen and thighs.
How To do the Camel Pose?
- At first start by kneeling on the floor with your knees hip-width apart.
- Place your hands on your lower back, keeping your elbows bent.
- Press your hips forward, arching your back and lifting your chest up.
- Then hold the pose for a few seconds before slowly releasing it.
- Repeat this pose several times to strengthen and tone the abdominal and thigh muscles, helping to reduce fat in those areas.
|Read Now: How to Do a Killer Diamond Push Ups|
2. Cobra Pose.
The cobra pose is an important yoga to lose belly and thigh fat. It is a powerful backbend that opens the chest, abdomen, and hips, which makes it ideal for those looking to tone their midsection.
How To do the Cobra Pose?
- Lie flat on your stomach with your legs straight and your arms resting at your sides.
- Then, press into your palms as you lift your chest off the floor, keeping your hips and thighs pressed against the ground.
- Hold this position for a few breaths before slowly lowering back down.
- You can repeat this pose several times to strengthen the abdominal muscles, which will help burn fat in the belly and thighs.
- Additionally, it is a great way to improve posture and reduce back pain.
3. Bow Pose.
Bow Pose, or Dhanurasana, is one of the yoga poses that can help you lose belly and thigh fat. This pose is great for opening up the chest and shoulders while toning the abdominal muscles and strengthening the spine.
How To do Bow Pose?
- Start by lying on your stomach with your hands at your sides.
- Bend your knees and reach back with your arms to grasp your ankles.
- Lift your feet off the floor and hold the position while pressing your shoulder blades into your back.
- Breathe deeply and maintain the posture for 15-30 seconds, then release.
- Repeat the pose two more times. Bow Pose can be very effective in helping to lose belly and thigh fat when done regularly.
4. Half Camel Pose.
Half Camel Pose is a yoga pose designed to help you lose belly and thigh fat. It is a variation of the classic Camel Pose and is less intense, making it more accessible to beginners. This pose is especially helpful for those who want to target the hard-to-reach areas around the waistline.
How To do the Half Camel Pose?
- Start by kneeling on the floor with your hands on your hips.
- Lift your chest and draw in your navel.
- Then reach back and grab the outer edges of your feet with one hand.
- Inhale as you press your chest towards the ceiling, lifting your lower back up towards the sky.
- Exhale as you arch your upper back, pushing your hips forward and your head back. Hold the pose for 10-30 seconds, breathing deeply.
The Half Camel Pose strengthens the abdominal muscles, tones the thighs and stretches the chest, shoulders and neck. It also assist to relieve lower back pain. Doing this pose regularly can help reduce belly and thigh fat, sculpting your waistline for a more toned look.
5. Half Spinal Twist Pose.
Half Spinal Twist Pose, or Ardha Matsyendrasana, is an excellent yoga pose to help you lose belly and thigh fat. This pose helps to strengthen your core while also stretching your lower back muscles and the sides of your torso. Additionally, it encourages blood flow to your abdomen, which helps with digestion and burning fat in the area.
How to do the Half Spinal Twist Pose?
- To begin this pose, sit on the floor with both legs stretched out in front of you.
- Thereafter bend your right knee and bring it in towards your chest.
- Now take your right foot and place it outside of your left leg.
- Place your left elbow outside of your right knee and reach around behind your back with your right arm to grab hold of your left thigh.
- As you twist, you should keep your head up and face forward, pressing both feet firmly into the floor to ensure a good stretch through the hips.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds, then release and repeat on the other side.
- With regular practice, this pose can help to improve your overall flexibility and reduce belly and thigh fat.
6. Garland Pose.
Garland pose is a great yoga to lose belly and thigh fat. Also known as Malasana, this pose is a squatting posture that requires you to hold your body in a low squatting position for a few seconds.
How to do the Garland Pose?
- At first start by standing with your feet about hip-width apart.
- Then bend your knees and lower your hips as if you were sitting on a chair.
- Make sure your back is straight and your hands are in a prayer position.
- Hold this pose for 10-15 seconds and then slowly come back up.
- You can also bring your arms out to the side for extra balance.
- This pose will help strengthen the core muscles and will help you tone your thighs and lose belly fat.
7. Triangle Pose.
Triangle Pose, also known as Trikonasana, is an incredibly effective yoga pose to help you lose belly and thigh fat. It helps to open up the chest and stretches the hips and legs, providing an amazing stretch and massage for the organs in the abdomen.
How to do the Triangle Pose.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing outward.
- Thereafter reach your arms up and over your head.
- Bend your upper body towards the right side, keeping your right arm and right leg straight.
- Place your right hand on your right ankle or the floor, whichever is easier for you.
- Stretch your left arm up towards the sky and turn your head to look up at your left hand.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute, breathing deeply.
- Release and come back up to a standing position.
- Repeat on the other side.
The Triangle Pose is not only great for burning fat around your belly and thighs but also helps to improve digestion, balance hormones, and reduce stress. When done regularly, this pose can help to tone and sculpt your entire body, as well as improve posture and flexibility.
8. Warrior III Pose.
How to do the Warrior III Pose?
- To begin this pose, stand with your feet about hip-width apart.
- Then, bend forward at your hips, extending your arms out in front of you.
- Begin to lift your left leg behind you, keeping it straight and in line with your torso.
- Keep your hips level and your back straight as you extend your right arm out parallel to the ground.
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds before returning to the starting position.
As you hold this pose, focus on engaging your abdominal muscles and lengthening your spine to prevent your hips from sinking. You should feel a deep stretch in the front of your right hip and thigh, as well as in your shoulder and upper back.
This pose is great for strengthening the core, toning the legs, and improving balance. As you become more familiar with the pose, you can increase the duration of your hold or challenge yourself by lifting your arm above your head as you extend your leg behind you. With practice, this pose can help you reach your goal of losing belly and thigh fat.
Losing belly and thigh fat can be a challenging but rewarding endeavor. Practicing yoga regularly can help you get closer to your fitness goals. The eight yoga poses to lose belly and thigh fat we’ve discussed in this article are a great starting point to begin. When combined with a balanced diet and regular cardio, you can look and feel better while also improving your overall health. As always, remember to check with your doctor or healthcare provider before beginning any new exercise regimen.
Verywelfit has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, educational research institutes, and medical organizations. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date by reading our editorial policy.
- Exploring the therapeutic effects of yoga and its ability to increase quality of life; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3193654/